Friday, June 05, 2015

Outfit Details from the Last Couple Weeks

As the first couple weeks of summer are actually beginning to kick in I haven't had much time to post real blog photos (also Ive lost the charger for my camera???) but here are some shots, plus extras that made it onto instagram. Been feeling a lot of blue and green lately, as you can see. And gold chains and cargo pants.
 photo IMG_4584_zps3xmrys0b.jpg
I had been on the market for a good simple jumpsuit for a while before I found this one at Forever 21 for $30. It really is the best bang for your buck (and it comes in multiple colors if you really want to go crazy). Tied it with a black ribbon I found in my room and finished it off with some simple slides; summer dressing made easy when all you have to do is put on one article of clothing.
 photo IMG_4585_zpsttm4bfgz.jpg photo IMG_4586_zpsi72qt08p.jpg
The cargo pants are vintage Abercrombie and Fitch from the 80s that I picked up at the Goodwill. Such a score. I'm also standing outside of an Ikea in Glendale that I happened to match the day I went to pick up a Fimby.
 photo IMG_4583_zpssijhwvjc.jpg
This Free People romper is so good and cargo-y. I love the off yellow color and all the pockets. I didn't want to pay $128 for it though (its original asking price) so I stalked it all over the internet like crazy until I found it at Macy's for half the price. Such a good investment for summer.
 photo IMG_4580_zps0pnax2j7.jpg photo IMG_4579_zps6zbaxhug.jpg
I bought this studded Diesel suede jacket at Crossroads on Melrose and it was extremely, extremely discounted (otherwise I could never justify a purchase like this). I am kind of positive that this piece will be in my wardrobe forever. (It's also on sale at now)
 photo IMG_4582_zpspbaetjt7.jpg
 photo IMG_4581_zpshxxdpo9g.jpg
Like I mentioned above, I had been on the market for a good jumpsuit for a while. A subcategory of "good jumpsuit" is "vintage army jumpsuit" which I felt like I wouldn't be able to find in good condition until I stumbled upon this one at the Fairfax Flea Market. The owner has an etsy called No Grand Rituals filled with equally good, vintage menswear, but I am just so happy to have this piece in my arsenal. I haven't stopped wearing it since I bought it. (P.s. Urban Outfitters sells a super similar version here.)
 photo vscocam-photo-1_zpsjc5ilykb.jpg
 photo vscocam-photo-2_zpscbmezwyp.jpg
Urban Outfitters sent over this adorable stripe t-shirt dress and its actually perfect for summer and wearing on the go. Super breezy and comfortable.

Shop the entire post below: