Monday, February 16, 2015

Let's Talk About The 1990s

I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again: I love 90s music with a deep and unabiding passion. When I got back into contemporary music (or, basically music that wasn't movie soundtracks or classical) in high school, I re-discovered my love for the stuff that I grew up on. To be honest, I only experienced five years of the 90s, but for some reason the music has stuck with me as one of my most vivid memories. Each track brings back such a wave of nostalgia when I listen I can't help but remember younger, more innocent times, like driving down Highland Avenue with my mom as palm trees flash by, the ever-present sunshine filtering in through the car. I think, in a way, that describes the fashion of the time too-- simple, clean lines. And as far as I would describe the music? Optimistic, unapologetic and unabashedly wonderful.

These are some of my favorite tracks from that time-- songs that are especially reminiscent and perfect in all their 90s glory (plus my anthem The Middle by Jimmy Eat World, which technically came out in 2001, but don't let that stop you from loving it). Also some 90s images I've been loving lately. Enjoy.