Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

i like your approach, now let's see your departure

When I was eight years old I had a shirt that said "I like your approach, now let's see your departure." My mom had bought it for me from some random supermarket (remember when your clothes used to come from some place as simple as a Target?) and I liked it, although I didn't really understand it. My aunt saw it and flipped out-- saying it had less than moral implications and an eight year old shouldn't be wearing it-- and to this day I think we all disagree about exactly what the shirt meant. It might be a weird story to tell but it popped into my brain when I saw that the back sides of the ensembles in Alberta Ferretti's Fall 2015 collection were just as good as the front. If anything, they were better. Look at the long pony tails!

In terms of inspiration, never have I wanted a pair of over the knee suede boots more. Also, those velvet brocade mini backpacks? Count me in! I haven't looked at a runway show in so long-- partly because I've become disillusioned with the whole fashion world as of late-- but for some reason this collection really did something to me. It oozes sophistication and elegance in a way I've been missing for a while. I love all the lace and crochet and patterned fur and long coats. It's reinvigorated my love for clothing and story-telling through clothing; completely refreshing in a world full of bandage dresses and cut outs. Meanwhile, trying to figure out how I can incorporate this collection into an every day ensemble... will get back to you.
a_4x-verticala_4x-vertical-6a_4x-vertical-5a_4x-vertical-4a_4x-vertical-3a_4x-vertical-2a_4x-vertical-1a_4.5x
Alberta Ferretti F/RTW '15

P.s. Gucci was out of this world. Will probably post about it later, but I'm still processing how to get all of those pieces into my closet.
xox