Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Note on Creativity and Resolutions

necklaces-2necklaces-4necklaces-5necklaces-8necklaces-13necklaces-18necklaces-19necklaces-12necklaces-20
Let's talk about the elephant in the room: this insane grouping of necklaces I am wearing. I wish I could take credit for styling them, but the credit goes to my aunt Anne, who gave them all to me as an early christmas gift. My aunt is an extremely talented artist and just generally creative person. My entire life I've been inspired by her taste and her eye-- be it for art or jewelry or home decor. Creativity is something that should never be overlooked. Ever. It's a muscle I try to flex every day. Personally, I'm setting a goal to finish a screenplay (or maybe even two, but probably just one) by the end of the winter break. I am in Oregon this week and I hope to get a majority of my writing done there. BE CREATIVE. Push your brain! Challenge yourself to create something every day or week. You don't need the New Year to create a resolution for yourself. It's never too early to start a resolution and work on a personal project. It's one thing to come out of college knowing about human biology or great American novelists, which is all well and good but it's quite another to come out with something you've made. That's what I'm in college to do; learn, apply and create. 

An excerpt I read recently from this article, quoted from the book Uncommon Genius: How Great Ideas Are Born:

"The trick to creativity, if there is a single useful thing to say about it, is to identify your own peculiar talent and then to settle down to work with it for a good long time. Everyone has an aptitude for something. The trick is to recognize it, to honor it, to work with it. This is where creativity starts."

Ecote Dolman Sleeve Sweater Coat, American Apparel crop top, vintage army pants, Zara heels, vintage necklaces, Mr. Kate Beauty Marks tattoo.
xox