Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Haircut @ Ramirez Tran Salon

For several months now I'd wondered if it was time for a change. My hair has never been colored, dyed or even chalked on. In a world where so many different hairstyles and dos are available, why haven't I branched out? So, when the beyond sweet KC Carhart at Ramirez Tran Salon offered to have me come in for a color (and then a cut by Liz Sustaita) I knew I couldn't say no.

The girls started me off with a relatively minor change, but I'm so glad I did it. I knew I couldn't stick with such a dark color for my entire life, so the hard part was actually deciding what to do with my length. Before she cut, Liz and I discussed the benefit of going short versus staying long. Up until last October, I’ve always had long hair; over the years, trips to the salon were often just touch ups to rid myself of split ends. In fact, the first time I cut my hair in high school I cried for three days afterwards. Am I baby? Yes. Does that make it any less real? No. So when it came to deciding a length this time around, I was hesitant to take the plunge. After some persuasion (Liz used some pretty convincing rhetoric along the lines of: “You want a look. Every girl can have long hair.), I decided to go just above shoulder length. Am I happy? Yes. Does that mean I may still be a baby? Absolutely. But I’m a baby with short(er) hair! Thank you ladies, for the push in the right direction! 
Zara sweater, American Apparel leather skirt, Free People strappy bra, Urban Outfitters slide sandals, Cashbah Cafe leather backpack, Sjodin 925 necklaces, Madewell bar stud earrings

P.s. Contrary to what this post may imply, I actually feel like my hair is still too long and want to go shorter/add more highlights. Try something new/scary! It may surprise you.