Monday, May 26, 2014

Prom 2k14

When I went to prom two years ago I promised to share photos, which I did not. This year I'm hoping I made it up to you guys. Especially considering all the prom questions I get on tumblr, I thought it only fair to share my version of the classic American celebration. I'm so glad I had a final chance to go (college doesn't have prom, you guys) and the night was so so special. 
My corsage was handmade by Jonah's mom out of burlap, moss and real white orchids. I loved it. 
 photo prom2_zpsb78c578b.jpg
My hair was done by the super talented Lindsay Victoria at Spoke & Weal hair salon on 3rd Street (they also have a location in San Francisco). I absolutely adored the fishnet braids on either side. I may have to become a hair person after this.
 photo prom_zpsf063f229.jpg
The photo session pre-prom may have been my favorite part. Almost all of Jonah's family came out to take photos and we probably took every sort of combination possible: all men in one photo, all women, all the moms, mom and son, mom and daughter etc. etc. We were goofing around and laughing the whole time. 
 photo prom1_zps5678aceb.jpg
Here are a few more little photos from the day: