Pages

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Macaron Striptease

IMG_2027IMG_2032IMG_2037
IMG_2043
IMG_2046
IMG_2062
My dad brought me these macaron's from my favorite restaurant called Bottega Louie in downtown. The food is incredible there and the deserts are so good.

Just returned from seeing Midnight in Paris with my dad and step-mom. It really was fantastic. The casting was so good, there were so many actors there that I recognized and was glad to see again. Its movies like that that do a lot of things to a person. At first when I got home I wanted to write all about it. Now I am a little bit more tired since its only been 4 days since the surgery. All I can say is I loved all the costumes. Allison Pill is stunning, I loved the man who played Hemingway and I'd like to marry Tom Hiddleston. Seeing all the different portrayals of some of the world's greatest artists, writers, thinkers on screen was so wonderful. I am trying not to get too sappy here and using all the adjectives and descriptives that I can. Sometimes I get mad that I dont have such a set in stone style like Marion Cotillard's roaring twenties character in the film, or even Rachel McAdam's character who plays the perpetual bitch in the 21st century. It also boils down to a "who am I?" routine that I would rather not get in to. But then I have to remind myself that each of these actresses has a costume designer and that of course they have to look put together otherwise the film would just be all over the place. I had more to say but I guess I'll leave that to another conversation, another day.

Anyways I loved it. Its like a macaron of a film. Just sweet.

37 comments :

Rebecca said...

oh my god
ajdhjsfkjfddk I WANT IT I WANNNT
Macaroons are always so expensive though! Ugh!

www.17-candles.blogspot.com

Julie Khuu said...

What a beautiful analogy! I love Macs and have been dying to see midnite! Sounds like the perfect combo!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Vasilieva said...

these look so so yummy

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

s said...

yum yummy ;D


SHOWROOM: Collection PAP Christophe JOSSE in PICS http://magmoiselle.fr

La Petite Olga said...

Yummy yummy love macarons!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

Lainey said...

The macarons from Bottega Louie are my life! So damn good.

SAMANTHA said...

OMG sooo goood. cravinggg! great shots.


www.dragonnfruit.com

Jamie Rose said...

Those look wonderful and deliciously cute!

Victoria said...

Love Bottega Louie! And love macarons!
Yum. :)

<3, V

http://queenvictoriareigns.blogspot.com/

The Fashion Cloud said...

love the pictures
and they look incredible indeed, then again I can't complain paris does pretty good macarons toot :)

xx

TFC

Domonique said...

Ahhhhmazing!Not only are the macarons gorgeous the packaging is divine!x

Gigi said...

Sweet!. Love the colors.

Daisy said...

Lovely photos and nice review. !

Eva Silviana said...

Beautiful photos♥♥

crunchy cheese me

Mary said...

The macarons look divine.
Ugh, I crave.

The packaging is so nice too! Makes it even sweeter :)

Solineauxfraises said...

So nice!!!
They seem so good !
Yumi

So Line
http://tutuetbarbeapapa.blogspot.com/

Mallory | The Storm in a Teacup said...

Midnight in Paris was SO good! And the guy who played Hemingway -smokin'! I thought Woody Allen did a fantastic, fantastic job on it. I definitely wanted to live in Gill's life. For sure. :)

classiq said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Midnight in Paris. Woody Allen is a great director, I'm so happy that he surprises us with a fine movie every single year for quite some time now. :) Ada

Katarzyna Zuzanna said...

Lovely post! Now I feel like seeing the movie ;) xx

http://balletme.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

these photos are so beautiful! the macaroons look delicious. and i haven't seen midnight in paris yet but i am looking forward to seeing it (especially after your review).

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

Michelle of Chellbellz said...

OMG!!! Those look so yummy! I still have yet to try one of these! I have to find one in DC>

Jessie said...

macaroons are probably the best thing known to man. MM how delicious and fun. what a great photo montage.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com/

Anonymous said...

what is your nail polish?? it's so pretty.

Jade Briony said...

they look soooo tasty!

www.danceinarainstorm.blogspot.com

Aniita said...

yumm these are such pretty pictures they look so good!
xx http://highwaiisted.blogspot.com

Libby B said...

Those look like such good macarons! And your movie review was really helpful! I've been trying to decide if I want to go see it... it's playing at an independent theatre, but the previews make it look so mainstream. Sounds like it was fantastic no matter what, though!

DNA (designers+artists) said...

BL is my favorite!! Those macaroons make great host gifts.

http://www.designers-artists.com

Ria said...

I've never had one of these, I want so badly to try one.

Kiki said...

A film by Woody Allen.

Midnight in Paris is not yet shown in my place but I am already looking forward to it.

And a nice review that make me wanna watch to watch it right now!

Sleepy Darlings said...

HA i love this!! Macaroon striptease, the best title.

sleepydarlings.blogspot.com

April said...

Those look so good! :)

XO

Sophie Loloi said...

Oh my god.........fjdshgdjhg;kdlg;sdg

those look so delicious!

xx

http://www.theparalleluniversee.blogspot.com

Elwyn said...

A lot of helpful data for myself!
free recording studio | honda dealers in nj | medical transport services

Anna Blume said...

I love these, especially the blue ones: such a beautiful color!!

allthingspam02 said...

Thanks to you and this blogpost im going to watch it tonight.

Anonymous said...

striptease tube

Manny said...

Such an interesting post. A lot information and very usefull. My regards!