Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sun/Winter/Rebecca Hall

When I was 10 years old I was fascinated with the idea of changing my name. Or more specifically, changing my name to Rebecca, or Becca for short. While the idea of actually changing my name never came to fruition, I still kept the name Rebecca close to my heart. Now, Im not saying the reason why I love Rebecca Hall so much is because her name is, in fact, Rebecca, but it definitely didnt hurt.

Rebecca Hall is incredible to look at, and even more wonderful on the screen. I know this editorial is old news, I mean its from August, and we're basically to 2011 already (side bar- how scary is that? 2010 almost over?! what are you crazy?). Anyways, I was going through some old magazines and found this spread. And since I had been meaning to mention sometime on this blog that The Town was a stunning movie, and that Ben Affleck did such an amazing job, I thought why not have some visuals to go along with it?

I also felt like the clothes in these photos were directly related to the current weather LA is experiencing. Its apparently December in Los Angeles, at least according to the calendar, but we've had hot days for the past half week or so, and it doesn't look like any of that is going away. This editorial is just like it, there is the sun coming through the windows (sun = LA weather right now), but theres also black party dresses (party dresses = holiday = wintertime), so while this editorial may have come out in August, it is still as current as if it were on newstands right now.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Oh, and then here is the always essential photo of Jon Hamm x 2.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
W Magazine - August 2010
Photographed by Nathanial Goldberg
Styled by Lori Goldstein

33 comments :

Shannon Quinn said...

These photos are gorgeous. But I had the same thing growing up...I had an obsession with the name Heather...And the color orange. Now I look back on it and I'm like...what? I wanted to be a ginger named Heather? ;p

La Petite Marmoset said...

Love the photos, I love her laid back relaxed look!

www.LaPetiteMarmoset.com

The Urban Fashion Gal said...

Love the photos! It was hot here in Nor Cal til about 2 weeks ago; winters finally here!
-theurbanfashiongal.com

ediot said...

these photos are amazing. i love the brightness to them
have a wonderful week darling

MONi said...

The pictures are all amazing. I especially love the ones where she's wearing a hat!
Wow sun=LA, rain,snow=Munich, whole Germany

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Love the photos, such great casual & chic looks :)

XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

tanvii.com said...

Both og them look HOT

la vie en broke said...

STUNNING!! i missed this editorial, so I'm glad you went back in the past!

--la vie en BROKE--

http://jennachristine.blogspot.com/

Jaeger said...

really inspiring images, come check out my blog if you have the time

http://youngandimpressionable94.blogspot.com/

xx

Aissata said...

loooooooove him

http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

Gorete Sousa said...

Great pics !!!!!!!!!
love him !!!!!!!!!!!

www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

stunning photos, the lighting is wonderful! and john hamm is fiiine.

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

simonesays said...

oh my goodness, I definitely didn't realize how attractive John Hamm is until right now.

Half Nelson said...

They look gorgeous and the pictures are so warm.

The Style Realist said...

just recently took a liking to Rebecca Hall after seeing the Town and rewatching Vicky Cristina Barcelona...she's awesome and i love these pics

www.thestylerealist.blogspot.com

classiq said...

Love the editorial!

Vfriedrich said...

They are quite the dashing couple. Love both of them to pieces. XO Valerie

www.imstarvin.blogspot.com

Just Another Londoner said...

Wow the clothes are so lovely...LOL jk, I was far too busy looking at Jon Hamm to even notice if they were wearing sacks or Chanel.

Boys Formal Wear said...

So sad for me it won't open here the photo's anyway even if i can't see them it will base on others saying.

Box Moon Babble said...

i always did love this editorial. perfectly describes summertime in LA


BOXMOONBABBLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

scarlet's walk said...

i love the name rebecca too!!

minkandcappuccino said...

i love w magazine
love the 1st photo esp.

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

twitter @divalicious_m

Miyan said...

is she from "vicky, christina barcelona?" shes gorgeous!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Birgitte said...

Loving the pictures!

Xoxo Birgitte
http://fashionaccordingtobirgitte.blogspot.com

Caddy said...

Oh JON HAMM! You are such a GORGEOUS MAN! My estrogen levels shot up a little.

Annushka said...

I love this photos))) Your post is very beautiful!!!

sojourned in style said...

such stunning pics. i love the one where she is staring intently out of the window and his last two shots are no short of brilliant.

the gorgeous said...

those images are INSANE!
I have a crush on jon hamn!
gorgeousss!

black suits said...

I would also like to change my name but I can't. Anyway, the name isn't important after all...what's more important is your attitude.

Olive said...

the pictures just amazing!very chic!

Rebekah Christel said...

you'r so so pretty. lovely blog you have.


x. http://simplechristel.blogspot.com/

Adrianna Traxler said...

love the last picture with Rebecca..his hair looks wicked and i love it. I find her to be stunning

One Girl said...

Ooooooo...thanx for the double Hamm