Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

This is How We Do It The Jewish Way


So it was basically holiday week for a bunch of religions. There was Passover, then Good Friday. You know, holidays! So, being sorta-kinda (not really, my-dad is -but- my mom-'aint so-not-technically) jewish I went to a little get together with a few relatives and we had the whole plate with the different food varieties placed here and where they were supposed to. But what we also had was macaroons. I know, Oh my god! Right? Well I basically jumped at the chance to eat real live macaroons, you know, the little pink ones or the green ones that look suspiciously like colored Crabby Patties (pretty patties) in that one episode of spongebob, (you all know what Im talkin 'bout, right?) However, little did I know that, no, oh no, was that the kind I was going to eat.

Instead, I got the totally awesome, not as pink (or green or yellow or blue), completely delicious, blessed-by-a-Rabbi macaroons. These were tan and swirled upwards in a little cookie formation with gooey-ness on the insides. Soooo good. I completely recommend eating one or two or three.

Pictured above is a macaroon on my new Steve Madden black wedges, the twins to these.

(Photo cred, dearest father.)

P.s. If I offended any religion at all in this post, Im really sorry. I didnt mean to be offensive I just have an absolute lack of knowledge as far as religions go. Thanks.

22 comments :

Amelia said...

Nice picture. I really want macaroons, now. This is going to bother me.

L. said...

yum!

Anna said...

Hahha, well, lucky you you got your macaroons!, and the shoes are very nice in black too!

Marica said...

You might already know this, but Macarons and Macaroons aren't the same thing. Macarons are the lovely french pastries that come sandwiched together with cream in the middle; Macaroons (from what I've seen) are what you had (no cream, no color.)

Also a big difference I've seen in ingredients is that you use almond flour in Macarons and depending on what type of Macaroons you're making you can use shredded coconut or something else to make it a solid cookie instead of just Meringue.

Sorry if I rambled! Don't let the similarity in the names fool you, they're not really the same thing.

Cassiopeia said...

lovely! how i want some (macarons / macaroons - either will do!) right now! ;-D

xxxc

http://clothestohealabrokenheart.blogspot.com/

alice said...

I know what you mean which Crabby Patties are in Spongebob :))))
I watch that cartoon regularly XD
And you didn't offended chatolic religion! :)))

Emmy said...

it might seem crazy but i've NEVER HAD A MACAROON. really need to get around to it. also, perfect spongebob reference, oh how i miss that show :-)

Sarah A. said...

i homemade the macaroons for my seder! SO easy and SO much better - you ought to try!

indigotangerine said...

i've never had a maccaroon...i need to redeem that.
-indigo

Isabel said...

Dude, my father is Jewish but my mom isn't too! High five for half Jews!!!

Elra said...

I hope you have a wonderful Pesach! My husband is jewish, we always celebrate the holidays too. We had a nice seder at our family friend on Wednesday. Actually Pesach is my favorite one.

Hmm, will definitely try to make that macaroon.
Cheers,
elra

Annabel said...

LOL i love the pretty patty episode!! i've watched it at least twenty times hahahaha

The Voguette said...

love it love it loveee itttt.

happy passover my dear!

Annie said...

macaroons are pretty much the best part of any jewish holiday. i spent the past three days nearly inhaling them. SO DELICIOUS.

Lottie said...

damnit there so yummy am craving them now!
love the new shoes,your so lucky you have them in both colours!

sharon said...

HAHAHAHA PRETTY PATTIES
GOD I LOVED THAT EP

/crazy

i've never had a macaroon ): i came close in hk but the people looked all snooty standing behind the macaroon counter so we left. they always look so goooood in photos though.

patchesofsunshine said...

Yeah, macaroons are a coconut thing. I've never had what you're talking about, which is I guess.. a macaron? haha I don't know.

elsalvador said...

You're awesome for the Spongebob reference :)

Alice X said...

haha i'm loling:) are you a religious person at all, out of curiosity.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Midnight traveller said...

Hey! I posted one of your photos on my blog for a 'blogspiration post' :-)

http://midnightravel.blogspot.com/

roxanne said...

hilarious. glad you're enjoying the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Didn't get it ... Is your mom Jewish or not? By Jewish law you're Jewish if the mother is ... If you are you ought to find out more about your religion! It's a beautiful one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply to this please ;-)