Pages

Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Portlandian Afternoon with Camille from Childhood Flames

Being a fellow Oregonian, I wondered if I might take my blogging to the next level by meeting up with a fellow blogger extraordinaire, darling and completely sweet Camille! We had an incredible Saturday afternoon running around Portland together.

We first met up at Powells Bookstore and then headed over to American Apparel where the salespeople's uniforms was underwear. I am not joking. Really, it was TMI to the max, (but I did get the much wanted disco pants!!). After that we went to Odessa, a small tiny boutique that was incredibly awkward cause the owner kept following us around with her Mac laptop and watching our every move. I tried on an A.f. Vandervorst puffer vest and Camille tried on this seriously gorgeous black dress that completely shouldve been given to her because it was exactly her style. However, for $310 + we promised the lady we'd think about it and walked back outside into the brisk Portland afternoon.

We then went to Pioneer Square where Camille was (of course) recognized, and then we took pictures of each others outfits and Camille tried to work her video capture thing-a-magig, which I now think I must own because it was so tiny and compact and what not.

The bench place we were sitting on and my vintage bracelet. The whole day I battled all the stuff I carried around. My hat/camera with protective scarf/H&M gray jacket.

What Camille wore. Only later, from looking at the pictures, did I realize that she ditched her skirt in one of the dressing rooms. Silly me.

Wearing a vintage hat, vintage jean bustier, american apparel navy leotard, target trousers, vintage brown belt, steve madden flats.

Then we went to nordstroms, then forever 21, then saks, then nordstroms again. There was a LOT of walking. Meanwhile, I fell in love with Camille's little black oxfords and wondered when am I finally going to get a pair of black heels that go with everything?


The absolute bountiful amount of rings at Forever 21. We stood there for about 10 minutes rifling through what the bowls had to offer.

Paying at Forever 21. In the end I got a shirt and 3 rings, and Camille got a shirt and one ring. She tried on these faux leather pants but in the end opted out.

My apple juice and Camille's lemonade and snack.

Absolutely awesome video capturing device. Camille recorded a bit of Portland and if her editing skills work out okay we soon may put it up.


My favorite picture that I took that day. Theres something about all that black against the white of Nordstroms.

Far away shot of the Marc Jacobs leather heart tote. We wouldve gotten a closer shot but there was this seriously evil gray-haired sales man eyeing us and our cameras.

Camille trying to fit in with the modeling crowd.

Camille wondering where the mannquin's arms are.

We spotted this woman clad in white across the street and when she walked over we tried to get her picture. But she completely didnt hear us because she had her iPod in her ears.
NOTE TO ALL: If ever you want to be captured by a photographer on the street, do not listen to your iPod!

I gave the mannequin my hat because I think she needed it.


High five !
We had super duper amounts of fun talking about blogs, bloggers, photographer vs. timer, her trip to New York this next week (fashion week!!!!!!), and whether either of us wanted to go into the industry. It was such a great day, (it was not raining in portland!) and now I completely want to do it again. Hopefully we will!
Now I must return to the real world and catch up with all my homework, violin, and piano playing.

56 comments :

Style Magnet; Sara said...

This post makes me inexplicably happy and jealous at the same time! You ladies are two of my favorite bloggers. Rahhhh!

Brigadeiro said...

Ooh! Saw these at Camille's blog, but you included some pics she didn't :) LOVE the pic with the YSL Y-mail clutches! You guys look gorgeous, and what a fun time you guys shared!
Tres cool!
xx

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

you both look great!
glad you had fun :)

Emily said...

Wow, i never knew you were from Portland! My whole mom's side of the family is from there. I'm going there this summer. It would be bliss to go shopping with youuu. I adore downtown Portland, even though my grandma lives off of the Wilamut river. haha. if you're interested, let me know by July!

Fashlynable said...

Commented on Camille's post about your day together as well, it looks like such fun!
As I said to her, you two are definitely bloggers that I would love to shop with some time.
Looks like such an awesome time and I am still in love with your shoes! Hers are great as well.

Anonymous said...

Under the 'High Five!' caption... it should be 'whether' not 'weather'... sorry, just bugs me.

Karen said...

I was curious about you after seeing Camille's post, and now I have discovered yet another great blogger! Awesome outfit and pics. I'm jealous!!! Passe un bon journee!

bare.peppermint.fashions said...

it looks like you two had a fun time! i love all the pictures.

Isabel said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!!! I wish I lived in close vicinity to cool bloggers. Love your outfit - you seriously ROCK the baggy pants look.

Flashes of Style said...

Aww this seems like such a lovely day! You two look wonderful. I really love your trouser pants.

Mary said...

this looks like quite a day, very fun. And I want your hat!

Nicole Then said...

haha you both are so cute! and it looks like so much fun. can't wait to see the video :)

KEREN said...

Oh, how fun you must've had. I do love it when bloggers meet up.
;)

Ambroisine said...

It seems you had a wonderful time ! It's great to meet some other bloggers and share commun stuff !

Lisa said...

SO SO SO FUN

you ladies are so stylish + beautiful.

what a GLORIOUS day.

i agree with your favorite shot.
the contrasts are amazzzzzzzing.


xx

Amelia said...

This looks like so much fun! I wish I knew of bloggers in my area to meet up with.

Midnight traveller said...

This is sucha fun post. It looks like you guys had a blast! jealous :-P

Hot Bot said...

Looks fun :) Love Camille's blog.

Jordan said...

haha i love that you blacked out the mannequins eyes too!

jaime said...

aww both you girls look so pretty and stylish! love what you guys are wearing :) such cute photos!

R said...

aww how cool! you got to meet a fellow blogger.

its actually funny, i use to go out with karla from karla's closet's little brother! i started blogging after i met karla. its such a small blogging world! haha

much love xo, R

R said...

haha yes, yes i did. =)
he's a very cute boy indeed!

1234 said...

you guys are cute! i love when bloggers meet. the chanel pics are sweet.

Niviarsiaq said...

Looks like so much fun! I don't know of any bloggers who live near me so I've never actually met anybody in the blog shpere.
Also- Your blog is fabulous! I gave you an award!

Lydia said...

Aw sweet! My best friend and I took a road trip to Portland last summer, so it's sweet to think that we went all the places you guys did! Looks like a fun day =D

DaisyChain said...

Wow, is all I have to say.

lulu said...

Cute! Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

frances said...

It's so nice that you guys get on so well! All these photos are adorable. x

frances said...

(And I love those YSL clutches, swooon!)

Parapluie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love the pictures with the mannekan :)

Alexandra said...

I love your pics and your style! I am recently new to the blogging world thanks to Camille. Would it be ok with you if I added you to my links?


A

Demi said...

I want to go shopping with you two - it looks like so much fun!
you both look amazing

xx

Sunset said...

TWO of my most favorite bloggers ever, coming together?! LOVE IT! You guys are so cute. <33

http://tospendtime.blogspot.com
http://tkgirla.ecrater.com

Rachie-Pie said...

err...did you say camille THREW HER SKIRT AWAY?! but she looks so sweet in it!

Maya said...

so much fun! You guys looked great and may I add I LOVE your hat.

E said...

These are such fun pictures. I'm glad you documented your meet and greet :-)

La Couturier said...

your day sounds sooo lovely & fun! =] fabulous photos!

xoxo,
La C.

Kelly said...

you guys are so adorable!
and i love her first white skirt!

STARR said...

So fun! Looks like you guys got away with a lot of pictures in the department stores :)

Vans said...

My exams are finally over=] lol and this post makes me appreciate the freedomi temporalily have. GO LADIES!!!

Ashley said...

aw! looks like a fun day!

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

wow it looked like you two had a fun day. was it weird seeing her in person, after communicating through blogging?
xoxo,
Micaela

Austere said...

ah, looks like a beautiful day! Blogger meetups always look like fun.

The Clothes Horse said...

That's so awesome! I want to go shopping with blog friends...

gabriella said...

i wish you didnt black your face out

Vintage Tea said...

Love it! You guys look like you had a wonderful day!

x

CapuccinoB. said...

woooooooow it looks great! :D

Aless & RocĂ­o said...

Amazing photos!!
xx

Mila said...

Wooow, this sounds and looks like such an amazing and fun day! <3

It reminds me of how long it has been i did a great shopping trip with a good friend. Must do that soon!

Lovely post, dear(s)!

<3
Mila.

this wheel's on fire said...

sounds so fun!! xo

The Stylish Wanderer said...

thanks everyone!

xs said...

how fun! i enjoyed looking at your pics.

PUNKIE said...

and so you are!!! wow I'm happy to have found your blog! you and camille has a huge sense of style! I love!

Anonymous said...

i found you on camille's blog
i really love your blog too
but why do you cover your face?
i mean i guess its private and you don't want weird ppl l knowing who you are but it just weirds me out

Chloe said...

I love the pictures you have up
you must of had a great time =)

The Stylish Wanderer said...

anon^^^^- privacy, and my mother wouldnt let me have this blog if I didnt I dont think