Pages

Friday, January 02, 2009

Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Cue Elton John music. Ive been listening to him a lot lately. He's on a constant loop on my iTunes. Side note, what would we do without iTunes? I for one, have no idea. Speaking of cues, I was in line for frozen yohgurt yesterday, when these girls come up to us, (my cousin's friend and I), and ask if this was the " queue." As in "line." They asked us if we were in the line. Which we were. Anyway, I thought, Oh, they're british, and then I thought, Thank God for Style Bubble because without reading and watching her H&M x Comme Des Garçons pursuits and adventures, I would have no idea whatsoever what the heck a " queue" was. The conversation would have gone like this:

Girl 1: Is this the queue?
Girl 2: Yes, is this the queue?
Me: No, I dont think anyone is supposed to go onstage right now. Am I missing my cue? Wait! What theatre production are we in?!

However. It did not pan out that way, and so now Im eternally grateful for blogging. Which brings me to another point. Exactly one year ago, on January 2nd, I started my first (and definitely not last) blog, called Poppycock Thoughts. It was more a research into the world of style and what not, and I didnt really post outfit pictures, however, that is what started this organized chaos that led me to what I now call my blog. The Stylish Wanderer.

Especially since 2008 is over, I want to thank you for all commenting and viewing my blog. It's meant to smuch (so much). Love you all!

Now, can I tell you about my outfit? Thanks. I was going to wear this vintage silk shirt anyway, but then I realized it was quite fitting because it has all of these clocks on it, and what better to celebrate one year blogging, (all right, one year blogging, off and on), then put on a shirt with clocks all over it? Snazzy, huh?
I got this skirt when I went to the flea market, along with another skirt Ill wear soon thats a little more bright and wacky. By the way, the color of the skirt is closer to the last photo than any of the others.

(vintage silk clocks shirt. vintage silk gray skirt from flea market. black opaque tights, ?. marc by marc jacobs navy and cream heels. rhinestone and beaded vintage cuff.)

photo credit, dad

53 comments :

fashionista said...

Looooove the outfit and THOSE SHOES. Those are marvelous shoes.

bare.peppermint.fashions said...

very cute outfit. i love how the skirt bubbles out but it's still short. i can never find ones like that.

toni

aimée said...

what a wonderful outfit! i love the skirt and shoes, x

alice said...

aw I love that shirt, congratulations on your one yearaversarry




I never realised que was just a british thing, although we are pretty good at it. And complaining. We stand in ques and complain about them. It's amazing at airports and things when the planes been delayed. We stand in an orderly que and complain every so often.


I'm going to shut up about britishness before I bang on about the queen mum and churchill!

Gypsy Stardust said...

I lovelovelove that cuff!

xxgypsy

Kelly said...

I love the shoes and bangles!!!
haha. gotta love british people=]

Krystal said...

the shoes, the skirt...the bangs--all perfect. please tell me everyone in your town stares when you enter a room. x

m said...

i like this one!


the clocks shirt and the skirt especially :)

Maya said...

love ur hair and your shoes are adorable.

♥ fashion chalet said...

That top is so perfect!! X

LoveMore said...

ooooooo the shoess!!!!! big smile!!

yes i think everyone has girl crushes on Tallulah at the momment! and she is so young too..sigh..

GReat pics as alwaysss :) xx LM

J.Yo said...

oh americans use line instead of queue? i dunno that hahahaha... now i wonder what kinda English i've been using in my blog... bad English i suppose.

anyway, i love the clock shirt, you make it look so chic!

keep blogging, we all love your blog, and will continue to be here! :)

Song of Style said...

it's a very lovely outfit! love the way u styled it.

Heatherskies said...

That shirt is amazing, it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Your comment was really sweet, I just started this whole blogging deal and if I get a comment it makes my day. ;D Please forgive my ignorance, but what's sharing links? My answer is yes, whatever it turns out to be.

net said...

you look amazing! these photographs are amazing too

Hot Bot said...

LOVE IT!

Francesca said...

i love your hair in these photos! and that shirt. i've seriously never seen a shirt with clocks on it and it's the perfect time to wear it too!

i'm jealous of your camera that takes such nice photos.

my, oh my! said...

Again, your hair is so gorgeous. This outfit is definitely my favourite of yours so far.

jaime said...

awwww so lovely! you're like a living doll perfectly dressed :)

Fashion Addict said...

This outfit is way too chic! I'm loving the colors and the top is something I am going to have to steal from your closet! Love the blog BTW!

Saorise said...

hehehe . . .

Beautiful outfit darling!

Thanks for the comment :)

x

Saorise

LoveMore said...

hahaah YAY for The Bealtes..and thanks for comments :)
Gemma is so amazing, she brings so much to the film i think..Tony Collette is RAD as always too, but when isn't she?
Oh and I love Elton John too! What a guy!
xxx LM

Ana said...

"...so you can read books or take pictures. It makes you feel cozy and safe, you can light a fire and pretend youre the queen of a castle, or a peasant in a village."

EXACTLY. If I'm at school when it rains even my classes feel cosy and sheltered. I am so glad we are rain soulmates.

P.S
Love the outfit as usual. Especialamente the cuff.

lilustyle said...

This outfit is way too chic! very cute. i love how the skirt bubbles out but it's still short.

TINE said...

That top is simply adorable. I want one.

Hippiegirl said...

i linked you too :)
wooow, i really become a fan of your blog and of course of your look!! i love the whole outfit and the idea with the clocks on your shirt is great :)

Sina said...

Wow...that´s a great Outfit and you look so good in it!
Come and visit my Blog:)

http://fashioncupcake-sinchen.blogspot.com/

Dream on said...

thank you. Aww i like your
skirt. Beautiful!

Sarah said...

oh my good , its so beautiful , i m in love with your skirt :)

Kirke said...

Amaxing outfit, gorgeous!

AusAnna said...

hahaha such a great shirt. love it lady :)x

Siska said...

wow that look sooooo amazing!

Demi said...

aw, thank you very much honey!! :D
and love this outfit, very chic!!
xx

DaisyChain said...

The skirt looks amazing on you!

Parapluie said...

I love your outfit! (and I adore your hair) :)

Hannah Cheeto said...

I adore the skirt and the print on that top is amazing!

manifique said...

lovely outfit !

ciara said...

the clock shirt is adorable

Sunset said...

Fracking amazing! Variations of white and blue never looked so good together.

Alice Point said...

Gorgeous pictures and outfit! I like the background too:)

Happy new year:)

pastelpeach said...

Elton John! I love Elton John. Anyways, I highly enjoy your outfit. The vintage clock shirt looks great.

chloe said...

I love the way the British ramble on in their British ways.

by the way, I love your shoes!

Juliet said...

I just love the color of your skirt. I'm in love with kylie again.

juliet xxx

laia. said...

SOO GOOD! love love love the skirt and the shoes are making me die like 10 billion times.

karl's sweet child said...

those shoes is a killer!!

victoria.. said...

oh man i am loving the blouse.

The Clothes Horse said...

Love this outfit! Seriously, the blouse and shoes are awesome. I want to raid your wardrobe now. Good thing I don't know where you live. :)
Congrats on your first year as a blogger!
P.S. We are very much camera buddies...maybe even camera cousins.

michelle said...

Love the outfit! Happy oh nine! :D

Rosanna said...

i love your shoes!!!!!

xoxo
littlemissdressup.com

Ambroisine said...

I discovered your blog about 2 weeks ago and i love it ! Keep up the good work :)
This outfit is gorgeous..skirt is my fav
and the rhinestone bracelet crush on them !

E said...

I love the shoes and you look very Gucci bohemian with that wonderful shirt.

Amelia said...

That skirt is fantastic! Cool shirt.

Jasmina said...

love those shoes <3 so cute and blue-like blueberrys