Thursday, December 18, 2008

Red, Darling, Red

dolce and gabbana lace cream sweater, mexican mayan replica gold ring, marc jacobs bow ring
I recently bought a new red nail polish (despite the fact that I probably already have this color, as my mother pointed out numerous times) and I think its love at first... red.

Its such a surprising color. It feels so raw. I think its on the verge of being white trash-y, and yet it completely stay right behind the border, not crossing over.

I love watching my red nails streak by on the piano keys, or violin strings. Its like youre a whole new person when you have nail polish on. You see your hands in a different way.

Me: Arent my nails fantastic?
W: Uhhh, yeah.
Me: Enthusiasm. Gotta love it.

I bet none of you wanted to see my hands up that close. These photos were obviously taken the same day as yesterday's post. I cant help it. I took to many pictures yesterday.


Diandra said...

I feel the same way! I've recently started painting my nails regularly because they're such sad splitty nails and the polish just discourages me from picking at them. However, I do feel that my hands are so much prettier when I paint the nails!

Beautiful color.

Gypsy Stardust said...

Love the Rings!

Amelia said...

I should wear nail polish more often. I don't because I find it distracting and I guess it makes me self-conscious of my hands, but I need to get over that.

THE BAT said...

oh my god these pictures are so pretty. especially the last one i love all your rings. i just found your blog and i really really like it. would you exachange links with me?

geri said...

loving the red! which one is that? and adore the mj bow ring!

Trendology said...

the bow ring! so sweet and pretty!

I agree about nail polish. I feel so grown up and stylish when my nails are nicely done but sadly I'm terrible with the upkeep.

this wheel's on fire said...

I LOVE seeing other people's jewelry. I think it says a lot about their personality. You know what I mean? Not that diamonds/pearls/silver/gold/
whatever makes you a better or worse person, I just love seeing what people pick out to wear on their fingers every day. I'm going to stop rambling now, okay? ;)

the wizardress of dreams said...

ok, i have a problem.
the reason i really started reading your blog was that it had really cool, beautiful photography in it. lately, this has stopped happening. now you just talk about clothes. what happened?

Alice Point said...

I love red nails and lips! It looks really beautiful. However I'm not a fan of red clothes.

keira antoia rose said...

Ahh seeing your rings reminds me I forgot to ask for them on my holiday lists :( The nail polish looks so lovely on your nails! Did you do them yourself? The sweater is beautiful.

P.S I love your blog for the way it is.

xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

i love the nail polish. and no, its not trashy at all. i have a color like that, too. and the marc jacobs bow ring is definitely on my wishlist :)

alixrose said...

I love the nail polish it looks fantastic. Not trashy at all. The addition of the rings.. just complete the look perfectly.

The Clothes Horse said...

I love the nails and your rings. Also, very jealous of your camera. Perhaps, come Christmas I will have a similar one...

Voodoo Child said...

That nail polish looks absolutely gorgeous, and so does that mexican ring. I'm also in extreme lust over your sweater. the camera is definately making the pictures amazing.

m said...

what polish is it? it's great!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize you're only thirteen years old! :)

The Stylish Wanderer said...

diandra- thank you!

amelia- if anything, I think it makes a person's hands look WAY better. Unless its the wrong color....

geri- maybelline express finish in speedy hot tamale!

trendology- Yes I agree! Thank you.

this wheel is on fire- totally know what you mean!

wizardess of dreams- dont know what to tell you. blogs change. I dont notice any difference, but... just dont read my blog then.

alice point- ah! red clothes are so hard to wear!

keira- thats too bad!

thedrifter- yes. I love my bow.

alixrose- thanks!

theclothes horse- oo! I hope you get it, then we can be camera buddies!

voodoo- thank you thank you thank you! the camera is such a big improvement

m- maybelline express finish in speedy hot tamale

Anon. 6:52- Haha, yes. The only person to notice so far, either that, or everybody just guessed and werent a bit surprised

Isabel said...

The bow ring and red nails look amazing together!

ed said...