Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

limi feu spring readytowear springtwentyohnine

I found Limi Feu while browsing around style.com and was instantly attracted to the free layers of it all (despite the structured balloon cage skirts towards the end of the collection.) I also loved the large clown boots and the sort of "freed" menswear silohuettes, as if everything was taken out at the seams and made larger. The blazers, button down shirts, ties, trousers. It was all loose and free.

I did a little more research on Limi Feu and found out she was the daughter of Yohji Yamamoto, a fairly well known name. I wanna say that her designs are sort of a mix of Comme Des Garçons, Yohji Yamamoto (of course), Devi Kroell, Ann Demeuleester, Philip Lim, Rick Owens and finally, I find traces of Chanel. Haha. Basically anything black and blazer-y, with cream mixed in, is what this collection reminds me of, yet altogether creates its own shwing.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11 comments :

Trendology said...

I totally agree with your description of her design style - it reminds me of several designers and yet it remains individual

Mary Kate said...

This post is amazing!

Voodoo Child said...

Great description of her style. I really loved all the structure in this collection. The hair headphones kind of creeped me out though. haha

Amelia said...

They're kind of ugly and I kind of love them. Black and white is always good. Those cage skirts are epic.

Hot Bot said...

Yes, those cage-hoop skirts are insane! Highlight of the collection for me.

J.Yo said...

the cage skirt, she made it so urban, and yeah i LOVE this collection.

Nita-Karoliina said...

some of those are amazing! diffrent wich i like

Random Percussion said...

Ye, I saw it on style.com myself the other day, I'm totally into the headphones!

Gypsy Stardust said...

I like the last one to the right.
Great post!

Isabel said...

Yohji's daughter's designs look a lot like...Yohji's. It's be way cooler if she designed in colour or do something crazy that Yohji never would have done instead of just following in his footsteps.

Juliet said...

I love how there is structure!

juliet xxx