Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

No, Buddy, Youre Not a Cotton-Headed Ninny-Muggins, Youre Just Special

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I went to the Goodwill on Sunday and found this delicious candy-coated brightly colored clown type sweater, and I really think that the gods made it for me, and only me.
Except, that it was $40 dollars, and I knew my mom wasnt going to dish out that kinda money for a sweater that was going to be worn only a few times.
We go to the counter, where my mom has a buddy, and he tells us that it was on sale last week for half off, and we missed it. So he calls the manager forward, and the stupid lady gave us 10 dollars off! EVEN THOUGH IT WOULDVE NEVER BEEN BOUGHT AND IT PROBABLY WAS GOING TO BE SHIPPED OFF TO VIETNAM IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS! She was lucky that a style blogger walked through that very door, cause NO ONE would have seen it for what it really was, except me, (and maybe you, too....maybe.)

Okay. Rant-type yelling-shenanigans over. Cheer me up by telling me what movie this post's title came from.

Anyway. I imagine wearing it during the holidays around with all the chrismas trees, and cozy nights, especially around my cousin, cause she just suddenly realized her appreciation for all things vintage, and I know she's just going to love it. Maybe Ill let her wear it too. So long story short, its incredibly comfy, bright, heavy (I mean look at all those beads!) and perfect for the Stylish Wanderer.

Note, pictures not edited (except for the one below the one below), because, its really, that, bright. its really form flattering and looks amazing on, (especially when youre not posing for pictures and trying to cover your face at the same time. Im just saying. Putting your hand up to your head kinda gets rid of the whole picture, if you understand. But, internet safety and all.)

No. I did not wear this to school today though. I took the pictures last sunday. Thats all.

Photobucket
Photobucket

26 comments :

fashionista said...

That's one sick sweater.
I LOVE IT.
AND I ALSO LOVE ELF. AND BUDDY THE ELF. AND COTTON HEADED NINNY MUGGINS.
I win.

this wheel's on fire said...

Okay three things:
1. ELF!! Amazing :)
2. The hair! Love love it <3
3. I wish that sweater was mine ;)

J.Yo said...

that sweater is so RADIANT! and despite it being so colorful and bright, it has excellent figure and cut! wow.

i'm a regular reader of yours, and i was wondering if you'll mind me putting your blog in my read lists on my blog?
i'd be glad if you'll link me back too!
thankiees, j.yo.

Amelia said...

That sweater is freakin' amazing. I love the beading. Nice pictures.

Lisa said...

that is one crazy sweater!

love the hair.

x.

kelsey said...

I am craving bright colors as the temperature drops and there is less sun. I think if I saw you wearing this on the street I would make you be my new best friend. Ha.

May Kasahara said...

elf love.

I'm stealing your hair and that sweater is so damn fun I wants one para MEEEE. ♥

Mila said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow sweety, what an amazing look!
I can see myself stealing your amazing sweater, sit in the sun and drink delicious tea all day long.
(Ok, then i'll bring it back again...)

:-P

LOVE!

Mila.

Susanna-Cole said...

Oh my gosh, you look INCREDIBLE! Love the bright colors, and you wear them so well! This is refreshingly colofrul, I love it! :D

And thanks so much for your sweet comment, you're sweet youself, and aw, don't feel bad if you're feeling selfish, I know I act very selfishly in my life, I think we all do to a certain extent, so you're not alone, and hey if you want, there's always room for change! :)

And aw, I'd honored if someday you worked for me... or really I would say, work WITH not for me! ;)

xoxo,
S-C

DaisyChain said...

that is seriously one awesome sweater!

Savvy Mode SG said...

adore the bright colors....

yiqin; said...

BEST SWEATER. EVER!!!!!!!!!! & it goes so well wit red tights!!! Ah I want a huge sweater too!

Demi said...

love that sweater, it looks so comfortable!
i saw a picture of agyness deyn wearing something like this in a magazine
x

Alice Point said...

Your oversize sweater is gorgeous! I dream about it!!! You look fantastic!:D

Alice Point said...

Your oversize sweater is gorgeous! I dream about it!!! You look fantastic!:D

Ane said...

Wow, I never imagined you could find something that amazing at Goodwill!
I really oughta go there tomorrow....
Hope for the best! :D

I really do love it thouhg.
I mean, i would never wear it, due to the fact that it would make me look even shorter than what I already am....
but its adorable.

and i love the beading.

and yes, i mean, not many people like fur these days, though if its going to be real, i dont even know.
have 30 more years to decide on even what color its gonna be! :P

xxx

Krystal said...

i adore this

Miss Karen said...

This sweater has wow-appeal. I love it!

J. said...

Haha - Elf! Will Ferrel <3
The sweater is unbelievable! I saw it and my jaw literally dropped. My mom would kill me if ever I bought it, but by god, it's stellar! Hope you wear it in good health :D

Suzanne said...

Wow, this is super cute :)
I just stumbled across your blog, and i think you're style is amazing.
I'd love to link?

Zoƫ said...

ahhh i love that!!!
i've been looking for something just like that for sososososo long! Im jealous! haha

Isabel said...

That sweater is AWESOME. But $40? What is goodwill coming to? Oh well, at least you got something badass!

The Clothes Horse said...

I am officially in love with your sweater/dress. We are going to run off together and get married in Vegas. I hope you don't mind...

Capuccino B. said...

i love your sweateeeeeeer!

Wana Sambo said...

love the beaded sweater! pweedie

Bernard said...

current events 2011

Irish names

vancouver tourist attractions

Caribbean real estate

perennial flowers

furniture stores in orange county

calculator online

woodworking

luxury condos