Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Ra-Ra- Runway Reviews (says it 3x fast.. )

Ok, so NY week got better, sorta.


Photobucket
Topshop was ah-mazing. COUNT THAT. 3 syllables!! Wow. Alright. I might be biased cause I love anything, anything, anything 80s.... is that biased though? I mean who DOESNT love the 80s. It was like some TopShop genius guy in a lab coat was in a basement somewhere and suddenly created a time machine and traveled back to the 80s and just stole the MTV peoples wardrobe, (instead of say, going to Berlin and becoming part of that revolutionary moment, no the genius didnt do THAT. Well, I wouldnt either, or would I?)Photobucket
Ralph Lauren? Yeah. Instant love. Instant. Like instant as in, pop it in the microwave for a second and it comes out a full blown filet mignon. Yeah, THAT instant. (Did that make sense? Somehow I dont think so.) Give me any sort of man trousers, and some khaki safari gear and Im on board. Im hoping somehow some awesome star shows up in the gorgeous dress, above, at the Oscars.Photobucket
Miss Sixty....hmm. Not so instant, not so much love. Kinda thought that most of the stuff looked really cheap, like from china... which it probably was. (Correct me if Im wrong.) I had to put this here, though, because I LOVED the long dresses (pictured above) with the faces and the 60 on it. Those, my dear friends, were instant loves...like, instantly. :)Photobucket
Rebecca Taylor, on the other hand, was so AMAZING.... so so so amazing. Doesnt look cheap, looks gorgeous and flowy, a mix of Anna Sui Fall RTW ( I think 2008, you know, the whole indian theme thing), and a little bit of men's wear as well. This is what a spring line SHOULD be.

My thoughts.... whats yours?


Photobucket
Little extra for you..... I know some people want a leather-type bomber. This one is from AA, except, whats with the hoodie? No idea.

24 comments :

Lisa said...

l o v e d ralph lauren. a lot a lot!!!

Nita-Karoliina said...

i love that topshop. 80`s really rules!!!

alex hannah said...

rebecca taylor was great.

roxanne said...

i'm really really REALLY loving the ralph lauren and topshop collections. their inspirations are so visible but still well executed.

Couture Carrie said...

Seems like there are hoods on everything nowadays!

I love your roundup - esp. the Lauren looks.

Delish post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Unwise Pedestrian said...

Rebecca Taylor's collection looks beautiful! I love the pops of colour/print and the few pieces of menswear.

And if it's rains where you live as much as it does here that hood could come in handy..!

Tavi said...

I was blown away by the Topshop line! I love that it's 80's but not nu rave, which usually comes to mind when I think 80's. They used pastels instead of neon! And pastels, acid wash, and 80's are 3 of my favorite things so...I pretty much love this...

Mila said...

Lovinf the Topshop collection.
Thanks for sharing, sweety!
Hope you're fine!

<3

Mila.

this wheel's on fire said...

that bomber is confusing me too...weird

La Femme Chic said...

Oh, Ralph Lauren. I love you so.

Jillian said...

ohhh i must've missed ralph lauren and i kinda like it ;)

Arabelle said...

ugh, topshop is too cool to exist. D:

fashionista said...

Rebecca Taylor was freaking gorgeous.

AND WHAT'S WITH THE LEATHER HOOD?
Blech.

Caroline said...

i absoutely adored the Ralph Lauren collection. especially the opening look with the sequined pants.

Nay'Chelle said...

I like rebecca taylor. the others not so much...That AA hoodie confused me when I first saw it too. haha

On Track said...

I am obsessed with the new Top Shop Unique range, I love all of the cute colours and little extras like the arrows and hearts :) Thanks for putting this collection together, its very inspiring

C* said...

I love Ralph Lauren collection, but I love Miss Sixty too!

Cool post

Alice Point said...

Hair style of Rebecca's Taylor collection is perfect!

Mila said...

Wow, you new header is gorgeous!
<333

the tea drinking english rose said...

i heart topshop!!

your comment made me giggle!!
i would love for you do so and then later on find it on my coffee table in a newspaper... front page i hope! fame at last!

love your blog! the picture in the post below is so lovely. childlike (in such a good way).

the tea drinking english rose said...

oh, and linked you right back! :)

Liv/e in Both Senses said...

omg! Love the 60 dress! Must go in search of it immediately! It's great timing, considering we're coming into summer!!

Titanium jewelry said...

Good page! I like!

Clifford said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.
metal buildings