Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Balmain RTW Spring '09

PhotobucketPhotobucket
SO! Im feeling like Spring '09 is looking up. I know Ive said that before, and before, but now its true.

Intorducing Balmain. A name that has never been uttered on this, (and my other 3), blogs before. I know what you see above is nothing inspirational, but I felt that there was just something more, to this collection, than the simple tattered rock'n'roll jeans, studs, black, etc.

Sure, it seemed that the rocker chic thing has been done, and done, but there was an extra edge. The designer took a twist to the 80s staple of shoulder pads, put marching band jackets back on the radar for me, made the most gorgeous stone-washed jeans Id ever seen, and made me want to wear studded gladiators, which is something to be proud of, since Ive gotten sick of the trendy roman sandals. I felt like this collection really pulled it all off. You know? Not just a half-hearted attempt to get something rockin on a few stick-skinny models.

I have a feeling a certain Karla, will like all the blazers, and maybe Lulu will enjoy the jeans tank tops. And Im hoping some starlet will wear one of the gowns to the Oscars sometime. Am I wrong? Who else will like this collection?

14 comments :

Mila said...

I am no Karla, but i am in love with all the blazers too! <3

Thanks for sharing, dear!

Mila.

Lisa said...

i've been waiting for this...
through nyc..london...milan.

it came and went.
and i was speechless.
i love it ALL.
but that's just me.

alex hannah said...

love it. a lot.

Nita-Karoliina said...

i definetly liked. the whole collection. its like amazing. so me!

The Seeker said...

Oh I'm a blazers lover :)

Thank you so much for being at my blog and left such nice note.

It's my first time here, but I'm liking a lot, you've a very cool blog.

Keep in touch ;)

xoxo

ryder said...

belmain had the absolute best show this season! i mean shoes are amazing, and that jeans-lets go grunge,a nd the perfect tailored dresses, no words. it is pure perfection!

Couture Carrie said...

Loved this collection!!!

xoxox,
CC

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

love the collection

J. said...

The fact that Balmain had the brilliance to design such amazing things astounds me, what with all the less-than-stunning runway shows. And how amazing are the marching band jackets?!

fashionista said...

SHORT PURPLE DRESS.
WHITE DRESS WITH STUDS.

Need I say more?
Brilliant.

Tori said...

God I love it all!

Fashion jewelry said...

Good blog!
Welcome to visit my blog too!

JFK Jean said...

I love the blazers with accented shoulders so much. I'm hoping to find a band jacket a la Chris Martin or a more toned down Michael Jackson haha

enterrement de vie de jeune fille said...

wonderful
kat